An Open Letter to the Guests of the Bride at her Bridal Shopping Appointment
by mckenzie stavis-whiteman
Welcome! You are here to celebrate a very special day with someone you love very much. We know you have nothing but her best interest at heart and you are here because she chose to share this special moment with you.Let us take a moment to grab your ear before you arrive.
We want to begin by telling you that each of us here at Madeleine's Daughter got into this field out of a very deep love of the business, a deep appreciation for the products we work with and humility and understanding that we are part of a very special and personal experience.Yes, we are in sales and hope to sell a bridal gown to every bride that walks through our doors, but the desire to see her happy is our primary goal. We recognize just how special and important this decision is and use our experience and expertise to help guide each of our customers to that decision. Our brides are never pushed or coerced into making any decision they are unprepared to make. Your daughter/sister/best friend is in very good hands with us.
In 2015, we proudly celebrated our 40th year in business making us one of the oldest bridal shops in New England! Over these four decades we have continued to evolve our process in an effort to get better and better. A finely tuned system is in place that allows us to efficiently show each bride many dresses and gauge from her reactions what she likes. We collectively decide what is the most flattering silhouette, neckline, and waistline. We listen to her critiquing each dress in regards to fabric, fit and feel and continue to move forward with all of this information in hand until there is one, perfect dress remaining in the room.
Your opinion is clearly valued, otherwise you would not have been asked to join her at this appointment. However, it is important to remember that this is a very personal decision. What you would pick for yourself may be very different than what the bride wants. Or, what you picture for the bride may be very different than what her vision is. She needs to be the one navigating the appointment and feel supported by the people she loves the most.
With all of that being said, we do have some requests of you in an effort to make this as special as possible for the bride.
- Please let the bride speak first. You will often see the dresses before she does as her stylist clips or pins each dress to fit. Let the bride be the first to decide how she feels about each dress before sharing your opinion about it.
- If you need to take a phone call or send a text, please leave the room to do so. It distracts the other guests, the stylist and most importantly, the bride from the experience. You’d hate for the bride to feel like your attention is anywhere but on her, right?
- We do our best to keep our merchandise in the best shape possible.Please refrain from overly handling these extremely fragile items.
- Please stay focused and excited!
- Most importantly, have a great time! This is supposed to be one of the most fun and anticipated parts of planning a wedding. The more excited you are, the more excited the bride will be!
We pride ourselves on providing the ultimate experience to all our brides and customers. You will see for yourselves what makes us different than the rest!
Can't wait to meet you!